There are many reasons why you should choose our Faculty. Among the most important are:
1. The Jagiellonian University is the best university in Poland.
Our University has been ranked as one of the best institutions of higher education:
- Ranked No. 1 in Poland in 2012, 2013 and 2015 by leading education journal "Perspektywy."
- Ranked among the top 10 institutions of higher education in Eastern Europe and Central Asia by British company Quacquarelli Symonds (at the end of 2015) and the Cybermetrics Laboratory of the Spanish National Research Council (Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, January 2015.
- Ranked among the top 100 institutions of higher education in countries of the BRICS group and emerging economies by British magazine "The Times Higher Education" in 2015.
2. Verified by various awards and certificates, the studies at our faculty are guaranteed to be high-quality.
In 2015 our university was ranked as the best institution of higher education for cultural studies by "Perspektywy."
In 2013 our Faculty was awarded an outstanding rate for quality of education from the Polish Accreditation Committee (PKA). PKA is the central institution evaluating the quality of education at Polish universities.
3. Tradition and modernity.
The Jagiellonian University is the oldest Polish university. Established in the 14th century, it is the second-oldest university in Central and Eastern Europe.
The Faculty of International and Political Studies is, on the other hand, one of the youngest and the most dynamically developing units at our university. It is constantly extending its areas of research and curriculum, and adjusting to changes taking place in the world.
4. Our educational offer.
Our faculty offers the widest range of study programmes related to international affairs, politics and regional processes (Area Studies) on the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. Furthermore, our faculty offers more study programmes in English than any other university in Poland (MA studies).
5. International cooperation.
Our faculty offers the broadest network of international agreements and exchange programmes, including the Erasmus+ programme.
6. Access to exceptional library resources.
Our Faculty offers access to 6 specialized libraries, as well as the central Jagiellonian Library. The JL is the biggest university library in Poland with around 7 million books.
Additionally, every student has free electronic access to tens of thousands of journals from all over the world, including prestigious periodicals such as Foreign Affairs and Foreign Policy.
7. Open job market.
Our graduates enjoy academic, diplomatic and business success. They work for institutions such as the World Bank, Poland's Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of National Defence, the Office of Poland's president, and for many leading companies in Poland and around the world.
8. Student organizations.
Our Faculty offers students the possibility to join various organizations, giving them opportunities for personal development and preparation for entrance into the job market.
Our faculty is home to fifteen student societies with dozens of divisions focusing on different research areas. There are also a number of scientific and journalistic periodicals published by students.
Many of our students also participate in the activity of the AEGEE - European Students' Forum.
9. Magical city.
Studying is not only about the university but also about the city and people. Magical Krakow, with its wide range of cultural and social events, around 200,000 students, and millions of tourists passing through each year, is the perfect place to study.