By organizing numerous domestic and international conferences, our faculty plays an important role in the development of science in Poland.
A list of selected conferences organized recently:
- III Congress of Political Science – the biggest political science conference in Poland, taking place on a regular basis (22-24 September 2015). Organized by the Faculty of International and Political Studies UJ, The Polish Political Science Association and The Committee on Political Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- The 2nd Academic Conference on China - Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) Cross-Cultural Dialogue, Education and Business "Societies, markets and cultures in transition" (22-24 September 2015). Organized by the Confucius Institute in Krakow, and the Institute of the Middle and Far East and Confucius Institutes from Ljubljana, Sofia, Olomouc, Budapest, Bucharest and Skopje. The conferences were supported by the Institute of European Studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Shanghai University of International Business & Economics, and the Alliance of Chinese and European Business Schools (ACE).
- The Holocaust and the Contemporary World (23-24 April 2015). Organized by the Centre of Holocaust Studies and the UNESCO Division of education on the Holocaust, UJ, the University of Gdańsk, and McGill University.
- North Africa in The Process of Change: Political, Legal, Social and Economic Transformations (21-22 April 2015). Organized by the Institute of Political Science and International Relations UJ, the Institute of the Middle and Far East, and the Student Association of International Relations.
- "Ziemia Słobodzka – Donbas – Krym – Chersoń – Odessa w życiu Ukrainy do listopada 2014 roku" (Slobod Ukraine – Donbass – Crimea – Kherson – Odessa in Ukrainian life up to November 2014) (3-4 November, 2014). International conference organized by the Division of Ukrainian Studies at the Faculty of International and Political Studies UJ, and the Foundation of Saint Vladimir the Great.
- "NATO Crisis Assessment and Management" (15 October, 2014). Organized by the Institute of Political Science and International Relations, Scientific Association of National Security UJ, and the Centre for Special Operations – DKWS (a military organization).
- "European Citizenship and Integration 7 and 10 years after enlargement" (6 October, 2014). An international conference organized by the Institute of European Studies, Matej Bel University, Banska Bystrica, Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations, Ad personam Jean Monnet Chair «Identities and Cultures in Europe», L'Université Babes-Bolyai de Cluj-Napoca, Faculté d'études européennes, Département de relations internationales et d'études américaines, La Nouvelle Université Bulgare (new Bulgarian University), L'Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Institut Supérieur de Management, LAREQUOI.
- "American Ethnicity and East European Immigration" (16-18 June, 2014). An international conference organized by the Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora.
- II Międzynarodowy Interdyscyplinarny Euroazjatycki Kongres Naukowy "Fenomen Rosji: Pamięć o przeszłości i perspektywy rozwoju" (2nd International and Interdisciplinary Euroasian Congress "The Phenomenon of Russia: Recollection of the Past and Prospects for Development") (29-31 May 2014). An international conference organized by the Institute of Russia and Eastern Europe.
- "Oblicza postpamięci" (Aspects of postmemory) (6 March, 2014). Organized by the Institute of Intercultural Studies.
- "Kościół i świat współczesny" (The Church and Contemporary World) (6-7 July, 2013). Organized by the Institute of Russia and Eastern Europe.
- III Conferencia Latinoamericanista de Cracovia "Los derechos humanos en América Latina. Teoria y practica" (15-16 March 2013). Organized by the Department of Latin American Studies at the Institute of American Studies and Polish Diaspora.
- "Third International Conference on Human Rights Education. Promoting Change in Times of Transition and Crisis" (6-10 December, 2012). Organized by the Faculty of International and Political Studies.
- 9th Convention of the Central and East European International Studies Association "Boundaries in/of international relations" (20-22 September, 2012). An international conference organized by our Faculty and the Central and East European International Studies Association – CEEISA.
- "Global Dilemmas of Security and Development in the Middle East" (9-10 November, 2010). An international conference organized by the Institute of the Middle and Far East.